Monday, June 13, 2011

SatNav Saga

Forgot to tell you about this.  Arrived all bright and shiny at the National Car place in Southampton.  As I was early she said I could either wait for the car I had ordered or take the one outside which was an upgrade.  As it was only £40 more (nice to have £ and € keys as well as $) I said I would take it.  I told her I did not want to hire their  SatNav at £83.50. I had ordered one to hire off the computer and it was there in the , the parcel unmarked `i'm glad to say.  She then tried to charge me a `sat `nav anyway. So after a bit I got it taken off the bill.  A very nice elderly gent from the place then gave me lots of advice as to how to get to Bruton.  Thanking him very much I scooted round the corner unpacked my parcel, got the Tom Tom going and was on my way.  Very uneventful 'til the last mile or two when it took me down one of those narrow lanes where the hedgerow touches the car on both sides.  Luckily no one coming the other way.

Great visit with Jean and Willie as I said.  Driving up to London I noticed a button near the gear stick which firmly said NAV so what do you know I had one anyway.  She could have told me!

Went to Sarah's yesterday, kind neighbours taking Dick down the front stairs.  Had a really nice day.  Emily and Alice in great form and growing up of course.  Lovely lunch beautifully cooked beef fillet.  It was funny on the way down as we were going to be a bit earlyand Hil was panicking about it.  So we stopped at a local pub for coffee.  As Dick could not get out for it a waiter came out witj cups a pot of coffee milk and cugar.  He looked like the waiter from Faulty Towers. So we looked very grand in the car and arrived bang on time at Sarah's!  Quiet day to-day.  Went for a walk and met what turned out to be a French Basset Hound which is all curly.  I was looking at it first and thought to call it a Boodle!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like your trip has been good with some interesting experiences.
    The button in the car explains why she tried to push the Sat Nav option

    A little news straight off the press is that NSW just won the second State of Origin match. Very lose most of the way and really the better side over the 80 mins won in the end, so can't complain.

    The Reds beat the Force last weekend - a bit lucky in the end and hope they are not loosing form at the end of the season. Still on top of the ladder though as the Bulls beat the Stormers and did the Reds a favor. Waratahs just out of the top 6 and must beat the Brumbies this weekend if they are any chance to sneak back in.

    All well in Canberra and the new job is going well although extremely busy. Liz appears to be enjoying her new role as well, though working full time again is taking us a little time to adjust to as you would expect.
    Ethan's AFL is going well and gets a little better each match. Got most improved player last time out so that made him very happy.

    Please pass on out best to Dick and Hill.

    Tim

    ReplyDelete