Monday, June 6, 2011

L'Havre

Had a very relaxing trip this morning in light rain.  Deauxville in the rain is not the most beautiful sight but gave an interesting aspect to a beach resort.  Interesting that they call their houses wooden style when they are really mock Tudor to my eyes.  All built by rich gentry.  Then off to a Chateau that makes Calvados.  This was very interesting and so different from wine distilleries.  Calvados is made from apples for those who don't know (including me!).

Had dinner at Prime 7 the other night.  Forgot when I ordered the roast beef that they gave you a piece about 6 cms long and 1.5 cms thick.  Very nice tho' and I made a good fist of it. The company however left a lot to be desired.  On my right a nice couple. He was interesting and held the patent for the tamper seals they use on security bags for carrying money.  Then there was a woman whom I had first seen in the hairdressers.  I had to wait,in the next seat, while her hair was finished.  Naturally I looked across and smiled, well if looks could kill.  She only managed to speak a couple of wrds to me all night.  Next to me was this knowall man, one of those who always goes one better no matter what.  If I spoke he did his best to ignore it.  He was on the world cruise and had got on 5 minths before. So had the woman.  Apparently they had met in the first few days and were a couple (both previously married).  Her daughter had joined the ship in Barcelona, she was quite nice but very legal in her conversation. The wife of the guy next to me asked them what they were going to do at the end of the trip as they lived in different States.  Deathly hush for a few moments and she said she hoped she wasn't being too personal!  However they have apparently already booked themselves another trip!

Packing at the moment as in Southampton tomorrow and off to the constantines.

No comments:

Post a Comment