Friday, June 10, 2011

Computers ugh!!!!

Damn thing would not let me get in saying I might be a hacker because I was in a different country.  First stayed with Jean and Willie who walked me off my feet but very enjoyable.  Went to Stourhead which is a wonderful old home and parkland with plenty of 'follies' and a grotto.  One was like a Greek temple and of course had a statue of me the goddess of hunting!!  Also King Alfreds Tower in the middle of a field and what they called the Dovecote another tower for no reason at all on the top of a hill and visible for miles around.

Mark rang to say Dick had had a turn.  But he went to hospital and after tests was allowed home.  He is OK but wheelchair bound.  This afternoon we have been cooking an Irish stew and not agreeing on how to do it!!

I keep taking Hil to do vast amounts of shopping getting enough food for an army.

We are going to go to Sarah's on Tuesday providing we can manage Dick's wheelchair down the stairs.

Thats it for now.

3 comments:

  1. Gr8 story, esp the High(way) Tea at the pub. Probably should have had a shot of rum in yours. That would have taken the edge oof most things. Would have been a bit more difficult if you wanted a game of snooker . . . !

    Of course there are SatNav's in the Bentley's, no wonder you were worried about the brambles. Trust that the upgrade was a pleasant surprise none the less. Good idea to get out oof Londonn on the day of the Queen's Bday Parade.

    Sue moved yesterday I think, I txt her to she if she needed some assistance. Seems that all went ok as I didn't hear from her. Maybe she was too busy.

    Say hi and much love to Hil and Dick

    Rxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, got it to work.
    Heavens knows where the one's from the last few days went. Oh well R

    ReplyDelete
  3. found it,

    Well at least I found the answer to sending a message I think (NO AS IT TURNED OUT). I think that I have joined about 30 other sites by now. Good to see that you are enjoying urself.

    I knew that a walk with Willie would be more of a challenge than 1 with Sammie., but no cane toads to deal with, guess that they woould slow him down a tad, not to mention the drink invites from the 'ground floorers'.

    Hope that Dick is in good spirits, and everything not too much for Hil.
    U'll have 2 do the explaining as 2 yu don't have the ginger & licorice for Dick this time.
    The trip seems to be all that u expected. Was there any nightlife over Tripoli by any chance?

    Look 4wd 2 hearring more frm u soon.
    much lv Rich (V+C too) xx

    ReplyDelete